The Week: Agencies on alert as Danone set to review £300m media
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 29 May 2009 12:00AM
Danone is set to review its estimated £300 million global media planning and buying account.
The review could see a global consolidation of the French-owned FMCG company's media business into one of its roster agencies. Mediaedge:cia holds the £31 million UK business but the Havas-owned MPG handles media in France, Germany and the US. Other agencies on the global roster are OMD and Carat.
The WPP-owned MEC won the UK account in 2006, after a pitch involving MPG, OMD and the incumbent, Carat. Danone, whose brands include Activia yoghurt, Actimel, Clover and Evian, consolidated its £8 million media for Nutricia baby food into MEC without a pitch in August last year.
News of the review coincides with plans from Danone to launch a rights issue to raise £2.6 billion to reduce its debt and make acquisitions.
A recent campaign for Actimel, by Rainey Kelly Campbell Roalfe/Y&R, features the former footballer Sir Bobby Charlton.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Senior Account Manager Purple Consultancy £35000 - £38000 per annum, London
- Freelance Senior Producer Purple Consultancy £250 - £300 per day, London
- Integrated Project Manager Purple Consultancy £250 - £350 per day, London
- Award Winning ATL Creative Agency looking for a talented Account Manager - up to £34k Fill Recruitment Ltd uo to c£34k, Central London