And in the real world... Boots, Apple, European elections and more
campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 08 June 2009 11:20AM
LONDON - Today's round-up of the biggest business stories.
Lloyds Banking Group is set to repay £2.3 billion of bailout funds after shareholders showed strong support for buying up 87 per cent of new shares on offer.
The Labour party suffered its worst election defeat in post-war years after gaining just 15.3 per cent of the vote at the European elections. The party trailed behind both UKIP and the Conservatives, which came in second and first place respectively.
Confidence among Britain’s businesses is on the up, according Lloyds Banking Group’s monthly business barometer, which reported a rise in confidence for the third consecutive month. According to the figures, 44 per cent of companies are expecting an increase in business activity.
Source: The Independent
Andy Hornby, the chief executive widely held responsible for the demise of HBOS, is taking on the role of chief executive at Boots. Alliance Boots confirmed today that he will take up the position on 1 July.
Source: The Guardian
A small number of investors in Chrysler are attempting to block its sale to Fiat, after courts approved the sale on Friday.
The three Indiana pension funds have been given until 4pm today to file an emergency appeal to the US Supreme Court.
Source: Financial Times
Today will see the unveiling of Apple’s new iPhone at the Apple worldwide developers conference in San Francisco.
Sources predict the phone will have double the memory of its predecessor as well as a camera capable of recording video.
Source: The Guardian
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Communications Manager Insurance Sector Network Career Consultants £40000 - £55000 per annum, London
- Head of Visual Merchandising - Luxury Jarlett de Grouchy £55000 - £60000 per annum + car allowance + bonus + benefits, Wimbledon
- EMEA Category Controller McCormick Ltd £ Competitive + Benefits , Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire
- SEO Account Manager PFJ £35000.00 per annum, London