Wunderman India hires Leroy Alvares as president
By Staff, Campaign India, Friday, 19 June 2009 02:15PM
MUMBAI - Wunderman India has appointed Leroy Alvares (pictured) as its new president. He will be based out of Mumbai and will report to Mahesh Chauhan, Group CEO, Rediffusion - Y&R.
Alvares comes in from Tribal DDB, India which he joined in 2006 as country head.
He has earlier worked with iContract as the profit centre head for its Mumbai operations, before taking over from CVS Sharma at Tribal DDB. He spent six years at iContract, prior to which he was with Ogilvy India.
Commenting on the appointment, Mahesh Chauhan said, "Wunderman India is at a juncture today where its role and contribution to the Rediffusion - Y&R Group is critical. We were looking at a lead who would not only head the organization today, but also lead it to its rightful place of preeminence in the future.
"Leroy's knowledge of the direct as well as digital practice will be essential in driving that future for Wunderman."
This article was first published on Campaign India
- Researcher for a executive search consultancy Hanson Search Competitive Salary , London
- Senior Designer Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £40000 per annum, Swindon
- International Commercial Manager Ultimate Asset £40000 - £65000 per annum + bonus and benefits , London
- Senior Marketing / Customer Development Manager PSD Group Up to £60K + discretionary bonus, London
- Account Director (part-time) Beyond The Book £40000-£55000 pro-rata, Bedfordshire
- Anti-slavery charity creates '12 Years a Slave' tactical ad after Oscar win
- Cobra introduces bra-making brewer 'The Boss'
- Majority of 15m Twitter users in the UK follow a newspaper
- Hooch appoints More and MJ Media for Keith Lemon campaign
- Birds Eye kicks off £60m pan-Euro campaign
- Will content kill traditional ad models?