Wunderman India hires Leroy Alvares as president
By Staff, Campaign India, Friday, 19 June 2009 02:15PM
MUMBAI - Wunderman India has appointed Leroy Alvares (pictured) as its new president. He will be based out of Mumbai and will report to Mahesh Chauhan, Group CEO, Rediffusion - Y&R.
Alvares comes in from Tribal DDB, India which he joined in 2006 as country head.
He has earlier worked with iContract as the profit centre head for its Mumbai operations, before taking over from CVS Sharma at Tribal DDB. He spent six years at iContract, prior to which he was with Ogilvy India.
Commenting on the appointment, Mahesh Chauhan said, "Wunderman India is at a juncture today where its role and contribution to the Rediffusion - Y&R Group is critical. We were looking at a lead who would not only head the organization today, but also lead it to its rightful place of preeminence in the future.
"Leroy's knowledge of the direct as well as digital practice will be essential in driving that future for Wunderman."
This article was first published on Campaign India
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Brand and Marketing Manager sipsmith Up to £30,000 = Benefits (including gin!), Chiswick. London
- Sales Manager - Content Business Ultimate Asset £30000 - £37000 per annum + incredible commission, London
- Affiliate Executive - Huge Client - Global Media Agency Ultimate Asset £22000 - £26000 per annum, London
- Pharmaceutical Associate/Account Director/ (Full or Part-Time) Brand Recruitment £45000 - £55000 per annum, Bedford
- Kevin Bacon, Google Glass and Julian Assange: the SXSW weekend in tweets
- Omnicom Media Group buys Mobile5
- Campaign Viral Chart: first kiss video is most-shared ad this week
- BBH launches sport division with Lawrence Dallaglio
- HSBC launches Hong Kong Rugby Sevens push
- IPA's 2014 Women of Tomorrow competition winners revealed