How do you come up with new marketing ideas?
We hold brainstorming sessions both internally and with all our agencies. We also analyse consumer feedback and trends. Our consumers really feel that Hovis is part of their lives and are always sharing memories and ideas.
What are the perks of the job?
We have lots of delicious bread around for breakfast and lunchtime, and our office is based in the picturesque town of Windsor.
Describe the marketing team in three words.
Passionate, adventurous, supportive.
What is the main marketing challenge you face?
Dispelling the myths around bread as part of a healthy balanced diet. A lot of celebrity fad diets have irresponsibly slammed bread and carbo-hydrates and we work hard to educate consumers on how important bread is.
Is there a dress code?
Does the marketing team socialise outside office hours?
Quite a lot. There's a pub round the corner that serves the best nachos ever and has a lovely beer garden.
What is the company like for training and career progression?
Good. We get a lot of coaching and training, with courses in everything from commercial awareness and negotiation to bread-making. We recently spent an afternoon learning how to bake the perfect loaf.
Is there anything particularly interesting about your office?
We have lots of old Hovis advertising around, which really inspires us. We also have great views as we're on the doorstep of Windsor Castle.
- Hovis' headquarters is at Hovis Court, 69 Alma Road, Windsor, Berkshire SL4 3HG.
- Hovis is part of Premier Foods, which employs 17,000 people in the UK. There are 18 people on the Hovis marketing team.
- Premier Foods' annual turnover is £2.6bn.
- Key brands in its portfolio include Mr Kipling, Sharwood's, Quorn and Ambrosia.
- Hovis commanded a 26% value market share in grocery outlets for the four weeks ending 16 May.