Tele2 plans consolidation of £70m media
By Ian Darby, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 09 July 2009 06:30AM
Tele2, the telecoms company which operates in Eastern Europe and the Nordic region, is planning a consolidation of its estimated £70 million media planning and buying business.
The operator, which provides mobile and fixed broadband and telephony services across 11 countries, is looking to consolidate its media business into one agency.
Starcom MediaVest, which handles the business in the majority of Tele2's markets, is expected to pitch for the account. The Publicis-owned network has the account in all markets, with the exception of Russia and Croatia, having won the business in November 2007.
Tele2's media in Russia is split between MediaCom, which handles media planning, and Vizeum, which handles its buying. Media in Croatia is handled through a local affiliate of the Mediaedge:cia network. Core markets for Tele2 are Sweden, Norway, Russia, Croatia and the Baltic states. Launched in 1993, it has been listed on the Nordic OMX stock exchange since 1996. Tele2 no longer operates in the UK, having sold its business to The Carphone Warehouse in 2005.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Marketing Analyst JV Recruitment £30000 - £40000 per annum, Benefits: Benefits, Halifax
- Midweight Designer Pitch Consultants £25000 - £30000 per annum, West Midlands
- Senior Art Director Pitch Consultants £35000 - £45000 per annum + benefits, Warwickshire
- Senior Account Manager - Digital Pitch Consultants £3000 - £34000 per annum + bonus + benefits, Birmingham