Casio searches for agencies to create UK camera ads
By Noel Bussey, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 16 July 2009 06:00AM
LONDON - Casio, the electronics company, is looking for an agency to create UK advertising for its range of cameras.
The company is planning to put a longlist together within the next two weeks. It is thought that pitches will begin shortly after that.
The first brief is believed to be based around promoting Casio’s recently launched Exilim high-speed camera range.
The winning agency will produce an integrated campaign, including TV work, that will introduce the cameras to the market as well as highlighting their high-speed features.
The range of cameras, which includes the hybrid EX-FH20, and two new compacts, the EX-FC100 and EX-FS10, were launched at the London Golf Show on 1 May and go up against cameras such as Sony’s Cyber-shot and the Olympus PEN.
The remainder of the Casio business, including advertising for its G-Shock watch range and its pocket calculators, is currently handled by McCann Erickson Birmingham.
It is not known whether the agency will be asked to pitch for the cameras account.
It picked up the business in April 2007 after a pitch against JWT Manchester, the incumbent, and four other undisclosed agencies.
In March this year, Casio announced that it had signed a deal to be the official partner of the Red Bull Formula One racing team.
The sponsorship agreement will see Red Bull act as a brand ambassador for Casio’s Edifice line of analog watches.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Trade Marketer Veritas Partnership Ltd £30-35,000 + car/ar allowance + bonus + benefits, South East England / South West England
- Account Director Purple Consultancy £40000 - £55000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Account Director Twist Recruitment £50000.00 - £55000.00 per annum + great benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Global Brand Manager - Drinks Trace c. £58k depending on experience, South East England / London (Greater) / Surrey / London (South), London (Greater) / London (West)...
- Samsung calls global advertising and media review
- Watch the first YouTube clip, nine years on
- British Airways moves paid search account to Forward3D
- M&C Saatchi's Enyi Nwosu takes global role at Mindshare
- Post Office reviews advertising, DM and digital accounts
- Yahoo hosts exclusive X-Men: Days of Future Past films