VW 'lamp post' by BMP
By John Tylee, Campaign Work, Wednesday, 01 July 1998 09:50AM
LONDON - Briefed to come up with a campaign to persuade people that VWs weren't as expensive as they thought, BMP produced the simplest of creative concepts - and a commercial that holds its own in a long line of famous spots for the brand.
The film features workman wrapping cladding around a lamp-post to cushion passers-by distracted by a poster advertising the VW Polo’s low price.
The commercial not only won plaudits from the industry and consumers but also increased VW’s market share.
This ad was taken from the Arrows Archive. The archive, administered by the History of Advertising Trust, is composed of all ads nominated for the British Television Advertising Awards since 1977.
This article was first published on Campaign Work
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Campaign Delivery Executive Stopgap £20000 - £23000 per annum, London
- Strategic Planner - to £50k Network Career Consultants £45000 - £50000 per annum, London
- European Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 per annum, South East
- Marketing & Research Manager - $1.8b Global Publisher Recruitment Revolution Excellent Salary + Bonus Potential + Full Corporate Benefits Package, Chichester