The Week: BT drops Phorm technology
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 10 July 2009 12:00AM
BT has dropped the controversial technology supplied by Phorm, which tracks the internet habits of its customers.
Last year, BT carried out a trial of Phorm's Webwise technology, which uses information about users' browsing habits to target them with relevant advertising. However, BT has said it is not proceeding with a roll-out of the technology, which is at the centre of an EC investigation, as it focuses on a £1.5 billion investment in super-fast broadband.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Copywriter - midweight to senior David Thatcher Recruitment £45-50k, London or Surrey
- Head of Art David Thatcher Recruitment £60-70k, Bristol
- Research Director - Consultancy Elizabeth Norman International £60000 - £70000 per annum + Bonus , London
- Senior Program Manager air recruitment Up to £75K (dependent on experience) plus benefits and bonuses, Central London