The Week: BT drops Phorm technology
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 10 July 2009 12:00AM
BT has dropped the controversial technology supplied by Phorm, which tracks the internet habits of its customers.
Last year, BT carried out a trial of Phorm's Webwise technology, which uses information about users' browsing habits to target them with relevant advertising. However, BT has said it is not proceeding with a roll-out of the technology, which is at the centre of an EC investigation, as it focuses on a £1.5 billion investment in super-fast broadband.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Strategy Director Rare Selection Up to £80K + bonus, health, pension, Central London
- Digital Strategist - Growth & Innovation Consultancy Rare Selection Up to £50K + bonus & benefits, Central London
- Marketing Consultant - 2 vacancies Rare Selection £60 - £80K + 30% bonus, 8% pension, and excellent benefits, London
- Senior Brand Strategist Rare Selection Highly competitive, Central London