The World: Sydney - Radio station secures its future after Branson stunt
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 10 July 2009 12:00AM
FBi Radio, the Sydney community radio station that created an ad campaign urging Sir Richard Branson to donate $1 million to help ease its financial worries, has had its future secured after donors contributed $350,000.
In May, FBi launched the "Ask Richard" initiative, which urged listeners to come up with PR stunts to get the attention of the Virgin founder.
One listener swam more than five kilometres to Branson's private Caribbean island. And although Branson didn't donate $1 million, he pledged the support of Virgin by offering prizes and incentives to help the station's cause. FBi now estimates that it has enough money to cover its costs for the next two years.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Senior Digital Designer become £40-45K, Central London
- Senior Designer - Digital Agency Aquent £40-£45k, North London
- Consultant Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 per annum, London
- Global Innovation Director Ball & Hoolahan £75,000 per annum, South East region