In association with
Sony 'armchair' by BMP
By John Tylee, Campaign Work, Tuesday, 17 January 1995 06:48AM
A top Hollywood crew and a skydiving cameraman plunging from the sky above California's Simi Valley were responsible for a Sony commercial that was as spectacular as it was memorable.
BMP devised the spot in which a besuited man in an armchair is seen freefalling through the air. Just as he is about to crash too the ground he changes channels to stop the high-excitement of watching his Sony TV becoming a tad too realistic.
As he plummets back to reality – and his living room – his pet cat, who has also been caught up in the effect – follows him down.
This article was first published on Campaign Work
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Digital Marketing Manager Guru Careers £35 - 45k DOE, Based in King's Cross, London (N1)
- European Marketing Communications Manager Ninesharp £35 - £40 per hour, North West England
- Channel Marketing Manager Ninesharp £130 - £150 per day, Egham
- Mid-Senior Graphic Designer Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £32000 - £38000 per annum, Egham
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Majority of 15m Twitter users in the UK follow a newspaper
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%
- Greenpeace protests outside Saatchi & Saatchi London office