Diary: Morrison celebrates 20 years at glittering bash
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 17 July 2009 12:00AM
To the basement bar at Soho House, where a bunch of advertising agency syco-phants (sorry, slip of the keyboard - we really meant to write a group of loyal and devoted friends) toasted Debbie Morrison's 20 years at ISBA.
The advertisers' mistress of the pitch - otherwise known as ISBA's director of consultancy and best practice - has always been known for her honesty. Or, as the evening's host, Robert Senior, the SSF group chief executive, put it: "The definitive voice of common sense."
Having once failed in an AAR-orchestrated contest, Senior recalled Morrison's frank verdict: "The pitch just wasn't very good, Robert."
Some knee surgery means that Morrison can't take life at her usual gallop at the moment, so Senior must have found the perfect present for her - a diamante-studded crutch.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Creative Artworker become £28K, Central London
- Online Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £25000 - £35000 per annum + Excellent Commission Potential, London
- Agency Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £23000 - £27000 per annum + Amazing benefits, London
- Agency Account Manager Ultimate Asset £27000 - £30000 per annum + Excellent Commission Potential, London
- Google becomes major UK advertiser after boosting spend by 50% in 2013
- Unilever pilots multi-brand advertising with YouTube beauty channel
- Sorrell says Publicis / Omnicom's 'merger of equals' is 'impossible'
- Gatwick rolls out 'guess the X-ray' competition
- iProspect appoints chief media officer among four senior hires
- Dove launches first cinema campaign with 'real beauty' sequel