Diary: Morrison celebrates 20 years at glittering bash
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 17 July 2009 12:00AM
To the basement bar at Soho House, where a bunch of advertising agency syco-phants (sorry, slip of the keyboard - we really meant to write a group of loyal and devoted friends) toasted Debbie Morrison's 20 years at ISBA.
The advertisers' mistress of the pitch - otherwise known as ISBA's director of consultancy and best practice - has always been known for her honesty. Or, as the evening's host, Robert Senior, the SSF group chief executive, put it: "The definitive voice of common sense."
Having once failed in an AAR-orchestrated contest, Senior recalled Morrison's frank verdict: "The pitch just wasn't very good, Robert."
Some knee surgery means that Morrison can't take life at her usual gallop at the moment, so Senior must have found the perfect present for her - a diamante-studded crutch.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- DM Campaign Manager - 12 month FTC to start asap. AF Selection Up to £30,000, West Midlands
- Account Director Lipton Fleming £35000 - £40000 per annum + Commission , London
- Senior PPC Account Manager PFJ £35000.00 - £40000.00 per annum, London
- Marketing Manager Lipton Fleming £20000 - £30000 per annum + Bonus , London
- Associate Director - FMCG Research Agency NG Digital Marketing c £55k, Central London
- Cobra introduces bra-making brewer 'The Boss'
- Anti-slavery charity creates '12 Years a Slave' tactical ad after Oscar win
- Majority of 15m Twitter users in the UK follow a newspaper
- Hooch appoints More and MJ Media for Keith Lemon campaign
- Birds Eye kicks off £60m pan-Euro campaign
- Will content kill traditional ad models?