Co-operative reviews £18 million advertising account
campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 27 July 2009 03:55PM
The Co-operative has put its £18m advertising business up for pitch.
A shortlist of agencies has already been drawn up to pitch for the business in a review that is being handled by Debbie Robinson, the director of food retail marketing and Patrick Allen, the Co-op's executive director of marketing.
Incumbent McCann Erickson wil not repitch for the account, which includes Co-op's food advertising as well as brand work for its stores.
The review does not, however, include advertising for Co-op's financial offering.
Co-op has recently completed a re-branding exercise that saw it refit two thirds of its 4,300 stores and cost the group £1.5bn.
This was backed by a two and a half minute ad, created by McCann Erickson, which featured Bob Dylan's 'Blowing in the Wind'.
Co-op, which has acquired the Somerfield retail chain, recently reviewed its media planning and buying business but decided to retain Rocket on its own stores and Rapp Media on the Somerfield business.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Group Insight Director, Technology & Financial Jarlett de Grouchy £65000.00 - £80000.00 per annum + bonus, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Commercial Head of Branded Content-Established Digital Business Ultimate Asset £65000 - £76000 per annum + bonus and huge benefits , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Sales Executive - Performance & Brand - Emerging Tech Ultimate Asset £40000 - £50000 per annum + commission & excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Content Strategist Zebra People £300 - £400 per day, London (East), London (Greater)
- Samsung calls global advertising and media review
- British Airways moves paid search account to Forward3D
- Watch the first YouTube clip, nine years on
- M&C Saatchi's Enyi Nwosu takes global role at Mindshare
- Post Office reviews advertising, DM and digital accounts
- Karmarama grabs Coppafeel! breast cancer charity account