In association with
Kinder Surprise 'humpty dumpty' by Lansdown Euro
Campaign Work, Thursday, 28 June 1984 09:21AM
The phrase 'chockadooby' rang out in playgrounds around the country after this ad for Kinder Surprise was released in 1984.
Adults of a certain age will remember the delight of opening one of the chocolate eggs to find a self-assembly toy.
This bizarre ad features a grotesque Humpty Dumpty getting increasingly excited by his chocolate egg and the toy contained within.
The ad, created by Lansdown Euro, finishes with our hero falling backwards off the wall to his doom.
This ad was kindly donated by the Arrows Archive, which contains all TV ads nominated for the BTAA Awards since 1977. The archive is maintained by the History of Advertising Trust.
This article was first published on Campaign Work
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Account Manager Livity Up to £30,000 depending on experience, South London
- Digital Marketing Manager Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £35000 - £45000 per annum + salary depending on experience , London
- Graphic Designer (French Speaking) Creative Recruitment £20.00 - £22.00 per hour, Welwyn Garden City
- Mid- Weight Digital PM - Shopper Marketing Agency - Up to £38k Digital Gurus £30000 - £38000 per annum, London
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%
- Greenpeace protests outside Saatchi & Saatchi London office
- Kevin Bacon, Google Glass and Julian Assange: the SXSW weekend in tweets
- Halifax releases 'holiday dad' campaign