In association with
Kinder Surprise 'humpty dumpty' by Lansdown Euro
Campaign Work, Thursday, 28 June 1984 09:21AM
The phrase 'chockadooby' rang out in playgrounds around the country after this ad for Kinder Surprise was released in 1984.
Adults of a certain age will remember the delight of opening one of the chocolate eggs to find a self-assembly toy.
This bizarre ad features a grotesque Humpty Dumpty getting increasingly excited by his chocolate egg and the toy contained within.
The ad, created by Lansdown Euro, finishes with our hero falling backwards off the wall to his doom.
This ad was kindly donated by the Arrows Archive, which contains all TV ads nominated for the BTAA Awards since 1977. The archive is maintained by the History of Advertising Trust.
This article was first published on Campaign Work
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- AV Account Director (contract) PFJ £35000.00 - £43000.00 per annum, London
- Consumer Insight Manager Jarlett de Grouchy £32000 - £35000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits, London
- Digital Account Manager Dot-Gap £40k, Central London
- Head of Performance Dot-Gap £70k, Central London