Beck's reviews global creative brief
By Noel Bussey, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 30 July 2009 07:00AM
LONDON - Budweiser's sister brand Beck's is reviewing its £25 million global advertising business.
The review is in the very early stages with initial meetings taking place next week. It is thought that pitches will take place in late August.
Anheuser-Busch InBev has called the pitch because Lowe London, the incumbent on the account, has decided to resign the business.
Tony Wright, the chairman of Lowe Worldwide, said: "It has been wonderful to work on a brand as special as Beck’s and we feel we have left our mark with some very successful global creative work.
"We wish all our colleagues on the Beck’s brand the very best for their continued success."
Frank Abenante, the global vice-president of brands for ABInBev, said: "Lowe was definitely a key partner in helping Beck’s achieve growth.
"After a successful two-year partnership with Lowe we felt we are parting ways on great terms, at the right juncture."
Lowe London picked up the global business in August 2007 in a pitch against a number of undisclosed agencies when the brewer decided to roll all of its regional accounts into its global ad business.
The appointment saw Leo Burnett lose the account in the UK. It also saw Ground Zero, a New York-based agency, which was the incumbent on the global business, lose the account just 11 months after winning it.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Mid Weight Graphic Designer - Consumer agency JEFFERSON £28-35k plus benefits, SE Surrey
- Category Insight Manager - 12 mths contract Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment c.£50K-£56K + Benefits + Generous Bonus, Herts/North of London
- Senior Digital Delivery Manager Harvey Nash £55000 per annum + package, Nottingham
- Assistant Buyer - Global Tech Brand Aquent Up to £49,000 Dependent on Skills and experience, London
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers
- YouTube reveals user habits to appeal to 'older' marketers
- Pitch update: eBay's media contest, DFS and 2 Sisters Food Group
- Three's pony and cats with thumbs top the cute Easter ad chart
- McCann wins Qatar Financial Centre brief
- Metro launches content agency