Starcom launches sports consultancy
campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 30 July 2009 06:00AM
LONDON - Starcom MediaVest Group is launching a sports sponsorship division called SMG Sports.
The new consultancy is a joint venture with the sports media consultancy Sports Insight, part of the Sports Revolution company, which recently announced that Chris Ingram, the CIA founder, was to become its executive chairman.
SMG Sports will initially employ a six-strong team headed by Vange Kourentis, the former Manchester United business development manager and Sports Revolution board member, and the Starcom MediaVest directors Elliot Parkus and Jamie Pearson.
It will combine communications planning with sports marketing skills for SMG clients, which include heavy investors in sports marketing such as Emirates, Samsung and Bupa.
SMG Sports is also hoping to capitalise on an expected increase in interest around sports marketing in the run-up to the 2012 London Olympic Games.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Account Manager Major Players £26000 - £30000 per annum, London
- Assistant Brand Manager Online Resourcing £Competitive + excellent benefits , Gatwick, West Sussex
- Brand Marketeer EMR £30000 per annum, London
- Lead Graphic Designer / Creative Designer Guru Careers £35 - 40k, Based in London (EC1)
- Cobra introduces bra-making brewer 'The Boss'
- Majority of 15m Twitter users in the UK follow a newspaper
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Hooch appoints More and MJ Media for Keith Lemon campaign
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive