Rapp retains 'race for life' advertising account
campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 30 July 2009 06:00AM
LONDON - Cancer Research UK has retained Rapp to handle the integrated advertising for its £2 million "race for life" account.
The agency won the brief after a statutory review, ahead of the fellow Cancer Research UK roster agency Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO.
A statutory review of the race for life business is held every summer, with Rapp having successfully retained the account each year since first being appointed in 2005.
However, this was the first year that AMV was involved, after being appointed to the charity’s roster in March, following a pitch against Miles Calcraft Briginshaw Duffy and DDB London.
Rapp will now be responsible for creating DRTV, direct mail, press, outdoor and digital campaigns to promote the 2010 race for life events being held across the UK.
Each event gives women the chance to run, jog or walk a five-kilometre course, raising sponsorship.
To date, four million women have raised more than £240 million over the 15 years that race for life has been running, with this year’s runners already raising more than £28 million so far.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Senior Digital Designer - Integrated agency - London Network Career Consultants £200 - £280 per day, London
- Affiliate Account Manager - German Betting Appointments £30000 - £35000 per annum + bonus, London
- eCommerce Operations Executive - 6 month contract ADLIB £20000 - £25000 per annum, Bristol
- Marketing Manager - 12 month contract Brand Recruitment £50000 per annum + car allowance, Newport Pagnell
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers
- YouTube reveals user habits to appeal to 'older' marketers
- Pitch update: eBay's media contest, DFS and 2 Sisters Food Group
- McCann wins Qatar Financial Centre brief
- Three's pony and cats with thumbs top the cute Easter ad chart
- Metro launches content agency