Rapp retains 'race for life' advertising account
campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 30 July 2009 06:00AM
LONDON - Cancer Research UK has retained Rapp to handle the integrated advertising for its £2 million "race for life" account.
The agency won the brief after a statutory review, ahead of the fellow Cancer Research UK roster agency Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO.
A statutory review of the race for life business is held every summer, with Rapp having successfully retained the account each year since first being appointed in 2005.
However, this was the first year that AMV was involved, after being appointed to the charity’s roster in March, following a pitch against Miles Calcraft Briginshaw Duffy and DDB London.
Rapp will now be responsible for creating DRTV, direct mail, press, outdoor and digital campaigns to promote the 2010 race for life events being held across the UK.
Each event gives women the chance to run, jog or walk a five-kilometre course, raising sponsorship.
To date, four million women have raised more than £240 million over the 15 years that race for life has been running, with this year’s runners already raising more than £28 million so far.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Recruitment Consultant Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London
- SENIOR DIGITAL PROJECT MANAGER - AGENCY - £45K Salt £45000 per annum, London
- Planner Direct Recruitment £40,000 - £55,000, London
- Marketing Manager / In-House Marketing Manager Guru Careers £35 - 45k (DOE), Based in Southampton, Hampshire (SO14) - commutable from Eastleigh, Portsmouth, Salisbury
- Group M wins Vodafone's £600m media account
- Dare creates European Ryanair ads
- Google becomes major UK advertiser after boosting spend by 50% in 2013
- Campaign Viral Chart: Evian's Spider-Man tops chart in week of movie premiere
- Tait replaces Papworth as W&K's ECD
- M&S moves £60m media account to Mindshare