Channel 4 creates weekly ad break for Orange Wednesdays
By Anne Cassidy, campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 05 August 2009 08:50AM
LONDON - Channel 4 has launched a new weekly move trailer ad break promoting Orange Wednesdays, Orange's offer of two-for-one cinema tickets.
The break, which will be aired every Tuesday, will start and finish with Orange indents and feature up to four movie trailers, with new releases such as Paramount’s GI Joe.
Orange did not use its incumbent ad agency, Fallon, for the ad; instead, the creative was produced by The Outfit.
The break, called the Orange Movie Zone, will be broadcast on Channel 4 immediately following Hollyoaks, on E4 just before Hollyoaks and on Film4 before the 9pm film.
It will also be aired as a pre-roll on 4oD, Channel 4’s video-on-demand service, on Tuesdays throughout the campaign.
The deal was negotiated by Peter Clark and David Amodio at Channel 4 Strategic Sales, and Ian Stevens, an account director at Mediaedge:cia.
Clark said: "Conventional wisdom suggests you should have clashing adverts in the same break but we wanted to do something completely different and create a destination break that would become a genuine appointment to view."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Web Manager Direct Recruitment £40,000 - £45,000, London
- Digital Communications Manager Direct Recruitment £40,000 - £45,000, London
- FT to reveal first design overhaul in seven years
- Philips launches campaign for app-controlled lightbulbs
- Sorrell warns of Scotland becoming an 'outlier' and the UK 'diminished' by a Yes vote
- Notonthehighstreet.com launches brand campaign
- Publicis boss Maurice Lévy to step down in 2017 amid board shake-up
- 18 Feet & Rising wins Skoda digital brief