Diary: On the QT ..
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 07 August 2009 12:00AM
Naked Communications' senior planner Jonathan Fraser (known both in the agency and on the stand-up comedy circuit as simply "Fraser") is off to Edinburgh this week to launch his new ensemble comedy show The 80s Movie Flashback.
The show, which will run at the Edinburgh Fringe Festival, features Fraser and two other comics performing as 80s movies characters in their imagined lives today. So we are assured that the show will feature the likes of Maverick, the character played by Tom Cruise in Top Gun, who apparently now runs a karaoke bar in Telford. Also hoping to make an appearance are Mr Miyagi and Daniel from The Karate Kid, who now run a bed and breakfast establishment in Torquay. Those who can't make the show at Edinburgh's Counting House can see some of the sketches that didn't make the final line-up at www.myspace.com/wearetheflashback ...
It very much seemed the case that "Aga had come home" when Ogilvy Advertising was appointed to work on a project for the brand last week. Because long before he set up Ogilvy & Mather, Aga's door-to-door sales rep in Scotland was none other than David Ogilvy. And inevitably, Ogilvy was so successful at his job that he was asked to write The Theory & Practice Of Selling The Aga Cooker, which Fortune magazine called "the best sales manual ever written". Let's hope the Ogilvy creatives have managed to get hold of a copy for a spot of bedtime reading ...
It seems that Sir Martin Sorrell, WPP's vertically challenged chief executive, has come to terms with his lack of inches. "I am exactly the same size as Napoleon," he's been telling the business TV channel CNBC. "Five foot six and a half. Don't forget the half." What's more, he admits to being a micro-manager:"I don't think that's an insult. I think that's a compliment." Nor does he care about being labelled paranoid: "Being paranoid is an extremely good idea."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Account Executive Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £19000 - £24000 per annum, Surrey
- Senior Account Manager / Junior Account Director - Shopper Marketing - Dusseldorf £45k Fill Recruitment Ltd up to £45k, Dusseldorf
- Senior Digital Account Manager Â– Cracking B2C Brands ADLIB £30k - £40k, Bristol
- Senior Marketing Manager - Acquistion Ball & Hoolahan £75,000 per annum, London
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers
- YouTube reveals user habits to appeal to 'older' marketers
- Pitch update: eBay's media contest, DFS and 2 Sisters Food Group
- McCann wins Qatar Financial Centre brief
- Three's pony and cats with thumbs top the cute Easter ad chart
- Metro launches content agency