campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 31 July 2009 12:00AM
Is it a sign of the times when a pitch shortlist for Young's seafood contains four agencies of the calibre of Bartle Bogle Hegarty, JWT, Mother and WCRS? Cue a lot of heavyweight industry talent making the journey between London and Grimsby for pitches over the next few weeks.
Rumours are rife that Rainey Kelly Campbell Roalfe/Y&R is the favourite to land the £4 million Warburtons business, which parted company with Bartle Bogle Hegarty earlier this week. Though Warburtons is holding a pitch for the business, some say Jonathan Warburton, the chairman of the company, is on good terms with RKCR/Y&R's chief executive, Richard Exon, a former BBH-er.
JWT, The Red Brick Road and Dye Holloway Murray are lining up for the Baxters food account, which is due to pitch in a fortnight. Rumour has it that one other agency may also be in the mix.
The Post Office has narrowed its long- running search for a direct agency to 12, including the incumbent, DraftFCB, EHS Brann, OgilvyOne, Rapp and Tequila\. Briefs will be received next week, requiring a written response, followed by chemistry meetings after which three or four agencies will be invited to pitch. It has taken five months to get this far so agencies may be in for a long wait.
In the media world, air miles have been racked up as networks decamped to Korea this week for initial chemistry meetings with Hyundai Kia as it embarks on its global media pitch.
The EDF Energy pan-European media pitch has also moved beyond the initial RFI stage as the client has started to contact agencies that have made it on to the shortlist. Competing shops are likely to receive a brief at the end of August.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Senior Digital Designer Gemini Search £40000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Strategic Search Manager - PPC - LUXURY BRAND Ultimate Asset £25000 - £38000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Senior Internal Comms Business Partner - Technology Badenoch & Clark £60000 - £65000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits, London
- Senior Digital Executive Zebra People £32000 - £35000 per annum + Benefits, City of London