In association with
Mazda 'layar' by JWT International
Campaign Work, Wednesday, 19 August 2009 12:11PM
JWT International has launched a campaign for Mazda which uses the Layar augmented reality platform to provide Smart Phone users with the ability to find their way to their nearest dealership.
Layar is a platform, available on Android phones, which works by constructing layers of information about products and brands and channelling them through a mobile camera's viewer.
JWT International’s first Layer for Mazda uses QR code and barcode scanner technology, to connect the user with the Mazda dealer network.
Customers can view an ad in traditional press, and scan a QR code with a smartphone, which then links directly to the Mazda layer and shows all available Mazda dealers within the vicinity.
10,000 of the Mazda applications have been downloaded since the layer launch yesterday.
This article was first published on Campaign Work
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Account Manager - Public Sector campaigns Stopgap £24000 - £27000 per annum, London
- Cross-Media Account Manager - up to £40K Ultimate Asset £35000 - £40000 per annum, City of London
- Social Media Exec/Manager Adam Recruitment £25000 - £45000 Per Annum, Manchester
- Regional Marketing Manager Adam Recruitment £35000 - £40000 Per Annum, Manchester
- Majority of 15m Twitter users in the UK follow a newspaper
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%
- International Women's Day: 'You make your own luck' says Cheryl Giovannoni