VCCP scoops Emirates UK account
By Claire Billings, campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 19 August 2009 01:20PM
LONDON - Emirates has moved its £3.5 million UK advertising account out of Leagas Delaney and into VCCP without a pitch.
VCCP was asked to handle the business after its presentation to the airline as part of the £160 million global advertising account, which was put up for pitch in June.
Leagas Delaney, which has handled the UK account for five years, was not asked to defend the business and is not involved in the global review.
The airline spent around £3.5 million on advertising in the UK last year, the bulk of which was spent promoting its long-haul flights.
A recent campaign, which ran in 2008 across TV, press, outdoor, direct mail, radio and online, promoted its long-haul flights from Newcastle International Airport, using the line: "The world at your doorstep."
A spokesman admitted that the account had moved but said it had nothing to do with the global review.
He said: "We can confirm that Leagas Delaney is being replaced by VCCP. This is entirely unconnected with the pitch for a global marcomms agency. It is purely a UK appointment by Emirates."
This is the first time VCCP has worked for Emirates.
However, the VCCP Group-owned brand promotion specialist Branded Moments of Truth worked on a project for the airline three years ago, and Bell Pottinger, which is part of VCCP parent Chime, handles the airline’s PR.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Assistant Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £29,000 + bens, London
- Digital Designer Gemini Search £20,000 - £25,000 plus benefits, Central London
- European SBM Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Brand and Advertising Manager EMR £57000 per annum + benefits, City of London