GM hands Meriva European work to Amsterdam Worldwide
By John Tylee, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 03 September 2009 06:00AM
LONDON - General Motors has picked Amsterdam Worldwide to handle pan-European advertising for the Opel and Vauxhall Meriva.
The assignment extends GM's relationship with the Dutch shop, which has worked on a number of international launches for the car-maker over the past two years. Amsterdam landed the business after a pitch against GM's other roster agencies - McCann Erickson, Lowe London and Delaney Lund Knox Warren.
Lowe London is the incumbent on the UK Meriva business, which is backed by an adspend of £6 million. However, Amsterdam Worldwide's work will now support the launch of the new Vauxhall Meriva, which will be unveiled next March at the Geneva Motor Show.
The appointment comes as GM looks to sell Opel to either Canada's Magna or Belgium's RHJ.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Category Insight Manager - 12 mths contract Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment c.£50K-£56K + Benefits + Generous Bonus, Herts/North of London
- Senior Digital Delivery Manager Harvey Nash £55000 per annum + package, Nottingham
- Assistant Buyer - Global Tech Brand Aquent Up to £49,000 Dependent on Skills and experience, London
- Senior Digital Operations Manager Harvey Nash £50000 per annum + package, Nottingham
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers
- YouTube reveals user habits to appeal to 'older' marketers
- Pitch update: eBay's media contest, DFS and 2 Sisters Food Group
- Three's pony and cats with thumbs top the cute Easter ad chart
- McCann wins Qatar Financial Centre brief
- Metro launches content agency