GM hands Meriva European work to Amsterdam Worldwide
By John Tylee, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 03 September 2009 06:00AM
LONDON - General Motors has picked Amsterdam Worldwide to handle pan-European advertising for the Opel and Vauxhall Meriva.
The assignment extends GM's relationship with the Dutch shop, which has worked on a number of international launches for the car-maker over the past two years. Amsterdam landed the business after a pitch against GM's other roster agencies - McCann Erickson, Lowe London and Delaney Lund Knox Warren.
Lowe London is the incumbent on the UK Meriva business, which is backed by an adspend of £6 million. However, Amsterdam Worldwide's work will now support the launch of the new Vauxhall Meriva, which will be unveiled next March at the Geneva Motor Show.
The appointment comes as GM looks to sell Opel to either Canada's Magna or Belgium's RHJ.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Qualitative Directors looking for innovative solutions Elizabeth Norman International $115000 - $150000 per annum + Bonus & Benefits, ShÃ nghÇŽi
- Senior Category Manager Better Placed Recruitment £45000 - £55000 per annum + Excellent Benefits, Maidenhead
- Project Director Red Sofa London £66000 - £80000 per annum, City of London
- Head of Channel EMR £90000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%
- Greenpeace protests outside Saatchi & Saatchi London office
- Facebook research finds 42% switch device mid-activity