In association with
Tango 'St George' by Henry Howell Chaldecott Lury
By John Tylee, Campaign Work, Tuesday, 03 September 1996 02:25PM
No commercial was more representative of HHCL at its irreverent and refreshingly different prime than the "St George" spot for Blackcurrent Tango.
The agency always argued that to produce anything distinctive you had to challenge convention – and St George certainly did that. Indeed, it will go down as one of the funniest UK commercials of all time with its superb script, music and performances.
It star is Ray Gardner, senior sales executive for Blackcurrent Tango, who works himself into a frenzy on being told that a French exchange student, Sebastian Lois (all hair gel and fancy loafers) doesn’t enjoy the drink’s flavour.
Shot as a continuous sequence, the action moves from Tango’s head office to the White Cliffs of Dover where Gardner challenges the world to a boxing match.
This article was first published on Campaign Work
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Midweight Creative Team - digital and direct The Industry Club London Ltd £35,000, Central London
- Marketing Analyst JV Recruitment £30000 - £40000 per annum, Benefits: Benefits, Halifax
- Midweight Designer Pitch Consultants £25000 - £30000 per annum, West Midlands
- Senior Art Director Pitch Consultants £35000 - £45000 per annum + benefits, Warwickshire