The Week: City News - Chime posts record profits
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 28 August 2009 12:00AM
Chime Communications, the parent company of VCCP, Stephens Francis Whitson and the PR company Bell Pottinger, has posted the largest first-half pre-tax profit in its history.
It saw pre-tax profits grow 4 per cent to £8.5 million for the six months to 30 June, with operating profits rising 3 per cent from £9.1 million to £9.4 million. Chime, led by its chairman, Lord Bell, attributed the figures to a healthy stream of new-business opportunities, as well as an increase in income from some of its larger clients.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Middleweight Designer become £36K, Central London
- Senior Category Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, South East
- Interim Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £44,000 per annum + Car/ Car Allowance, South East
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%
- Greenpeace protests outside Saatchi & Saatchi London office
- Kevin Bacon, Google Glass and Julian Assange: the SXSW weekend in tweets
- Halifax releases 'holiday dad' campaign