DSG International hires Rapp for DM account
campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 17 September 2009 06:00AM
LONDON - DSG International, the owner of the technology retailers PC World, Currys and Dixons, has appointed Rapp to handle its direct marketing account.
The agency won the account without a pitch, and will now be responsible for driving sales across the company's range of brands.
Rapp will work on both acquisition and retention activity, using a range of CRM and eCRM campaigns.
Rapp's appointment comes as DSG looks to step up its customer retention activity in response to the planned arrival in the UK of the American electrical giant Best Buy.
The company has recently announced that it is looking for a new head of CRM.
The retailer is also set to refurbish more than 100 stores, and has recently relaunched its Currys brand.
DSG currently works with a number of agencies across its range of brands, including M&C Saatchi on its advertising account.
The company is also understood to be seeking an agency to handle an upcoming digital project. A number of agencies have been contacted directly by the company with an initial request for information.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Event Marketing Manager Stopgap £40000 - £45000 per annum + pro rata, London
- Head of Marketing Ball & Hoolahan £65,000 + Car/ Car Allowance, South East
- Brand Activation Manager Veritas Partnership Ltd £43000 - £48000 Per Annum Gernerous Benefits, South Bucks
- Senior Branding Designers/CD become $100-180K AUD, Sydney
- Kevin Bacon, Google Glass and Julian Assange: the SXSW weekend in tweets
- International Women's Day: "my gender is irrelevant" says Lisa Thomas
- Starcom MediaVest wins spice brand's multi-million euro account
- Omnicom Media Group buys Mobile5
- BBH launches sport division with Lawrence Dallaglio
- IPA's 2014 Women of Tomorrow competition winners revealed