ITV launches legal action against STV to claim £38m
By Ian Darby, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 22 September 2009 01:05PM
LONDON - ITV has started legal proceedings against STV, which holds the ITV1 licenses in Scotland, in a bid to claim £38 million.
It claims that it is owed the money as a result of STV "not honouring its contractual contributions towards the network programme budget".
ITV said that STV is attempting to opt out of peaktime programmes and claim rebates against these programmes that have been written off.
Earlier this week STV announced that it plans to opt out of broadcasting ITV’s daily 6.30pm network news programmes, replacing it with dedicated news coverage from Scotland.
ITV claimed that the net debt owed by STV is between £15 million and £20 million but that the money had been owing for more than a year.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Marketing & Sales Manager Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £26,000 - £36,000, Central London
- Graphic Designer (10 month contract) Better Placed Recruitment £18000 - £20000 per annum, Manchester
- Online Marketing Manager - Client Side - London Major Players £45000 - £600000 per annum, London
- Web Conversion Analyst Better Placed Recruitment £20000 - £30000 per annum + Benefits, North West England