Albion London to launch new O2-backed "social" mobile network
By Matt Williams, campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 23 September 2009 12:00PM
LONDON - Albion London is launching a new O2-backed online-only mobile network that encourages users to get involved with the brand by creating content, suggesting new business ideas and product innovations.
The brand "giffgaff", which is due to launch before Christmas, offers a SIM only tariff and a range of online tools that allows members to create user-generated marketing campaigns and vote on various business decisions.
Consumers will be given rebates for taking part in the business decisions, which they can use to get money off the mobile calls and texts.
Rebates will also be handed out to consumers if they refer giffgaff to a friend, or answer questions made by other users on the company's online site.
Giffgaff, which means "mutual giving", will operate as an independent company, using the service provided by the network of parent company O2.
The service will work in any unlocked mobile. Giffgaff will not subsidise mobiles like other networks, which the company says will allow it to keep prices lower.
The brand name, positioning, strategy and web design was created by Albion, with media being handled by Zenith Optimedia.
It is understand that Albion was appointed to work on the business following a pitch against VCCP, in a process handled by the AAR.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Graduate Account Planner Havas EHS £16,000 + relocation , Cirencester, Cotswolds.
- Commercial Strategist - one of the fastest growing global innovation agencies Bamboo Crowd £30,000 - £45,000, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (City of), London (Greater)
- Web Designer become £38K, Hertfordshire
- Account Planners Stopgap £40000 - £65000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Samsung calls global advertising and media review
- British Airways moves paid search account to Forward3D
- M&C Saatchi's Enyi Nwosu takes global role at Mindshare
- Post Office reviews advertising, DM and digital accounts
- Watch the first YouTube clip, nine years on
- Karmarama grabs Coppafeel! breast cancer charity account