Agencies line up for Qatar tourism brief
campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 24 September 2009 06:00AM
LONDON - The Qatar Tourism Authority, the organisation that promotes Qatar as a holiday destination, is on the hunt for an advertising agency.
The body has contacted a number of undisclosed agencies with a view to holding a pitch for the business.
It is understood that the board wants to promote Qatar to UK holidaymakers, focusing on the country's hot climate and its places of historical interest, such as the Al-Ghuwair Castle.
There is no current incumbent on the account. Instead, the authority has previously created its marketing campaigns in-house.
Last year, it was announced that the Qatar government was set to invest $17 billion in its tourism infrastructure over five years, in an effort to make the country more attractive to visitors.
A new international airport will open in the capital city of Doha in 2012, and there are also plans in place to increase the number of hotels in the country by 400 per cent by that date.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Middleweight Designer Major Players £30000 - £35000 per annum + Pension & Life Cover, City of London
- Senior Brand Executive Ninesharp £120 - £130 per day, Bournemouth
- Senior Designer Major Players £35000 - £45000 per annum, City of London
- Biddable Media Manager PPC - Cracking Client Accounts! Ultimate Asset £30000 - £37000 per annum + Amazing Benefits , London