Close-up: The hot seat - Steve Parkinson, Job Managing director, Magic, Kiss
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 18 September 2009 12:00AM
- You've got five hours left before the world explodes. What do you do?
Phone Richard Branson and tell him today would be a great day to test-drive his Virgin Galactic rocket. We could swing past my favourite island, Ibiza, one last time, pick up our families, then sit back and watch the fireworks.
- What's your best joke?
What do you call a monkey in a minefield? A baboom.
- What's your biggest fear?
Being told that the world is going to explode in five hours, but to keep it confidential.
- When did you last cry and why?
At the storyline in the Sean Penn movie Milk.
- Who is your hero?
The last young soldier reported to have been killed in Afghanistan.
- Name one thing about yourself that few people know.
I was a TV presenter for Tyne Tees Television.
- What's the worst thing about your job?
My overworked diary.
- What do you see when you look in the mirror?
A 42-year-old who still thinks he is a 25-year-old.
- Which historical figure do you most identify with, and why?
Walt Disney. Although he was a bit of a tyrant, I liked his way of thinking and I aspire to be as visionary as he was. I believe he used to make his imagineers lie on the floor and look at the sky when coming up with stories and ideas - true blue-sky thinking.
- If you had a trained monkey, what would you make it do?
Drive me to work in order to avoid the bloody Northern Line.
- If your office was burning down, what object would you save and why?
- What would you do if you were invisible for the day?
Visit the set of the latest Most Haunted and really scare Yvette Fielding!
- What's your most evocative childhood memory?
At the age of eight, standing in an abandoned barn on my parents' farm telling my little sister how I was going to build a new Disneyland on the outskirts of Hull.
- What's your most irritating habit?
Saying "you know?" to people, "right!" to the world in general, and "where's my...?" to my PA, Sandra - I lose my phone and keys on average once a week.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Mid-Senior Designer 4 Healthcare Zebra People £40000 - £45000 per annum, City of London
- Head of Brand The Children's Society £39,933 (plus £3,277 Inner London Weighting), Central London
- Senior Digital Project Manager Purple Consultancy £38000 - £45000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Director Creative Recruitment £45000 - £60000 per annum, City of London
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%
- Greenpeace protests outside Saatchi & Saatchi London office
- Facebook research finds 42% switch device mid-activity