Diary: On the QT..
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 18 September 2009 12:00AM
It's no secret that David Jones, the chief executive of the Euro RSCG network, has a bit of an ego - but the sheer monstrous size of it was displayed last week when he realised that he was unable to get to London on the day David Cameron was coming into the agency to speak. Instead of asking his PA to rearrange his diary, he made her call and see if the party leader could reschedule. Surprisingly, the meeting stayed where it was...
The Desperate Housewives star Marcia Cross lived up to her name this week. The redhead stars in a new ad for Albert Bartlett potatoes, in which she's angry that her agent has signed her up as the face of the brand. Turns out the star wasn't having to act particularly hard because, when Campaign uploaded the ad to campaignlive.co.uk, we were promptly told to take it down as "Marcia" wasn't happy about the ad being disseminated online...
Charles Saatchi ran true to form by shunning the launch of his book, My Name Is Charles Saatchi And I'm An Artoholic, at the Saatchi Gallery. Instead, his wife, Nigella Lawson, pressed the flesh on his behalf. "He's not shy," Mrs S told guests. "He just doesn't like standing around talking about himself."...
Anyone with the savage desire to wager hard-earned money on the winners of the APG Creative Planning Awards 2009 can now feed the beast by checking out www.mcbookie.co.uk, where the website is taking bets. Favourites at the time of going to press were Forevermark Diamonds by JWT Mumbai and RSPCA Australia by The Campaign Palace, both at 5-1...
Diary was impressed by some of the speedy times of adland's sporty types who took part in Nabs' 5k race. Adam & Eve's Ben Priest completed the circuit in 18 mins, 50 secs, while Carat's Steve Hobbs did it in 19 mins, 33 secs. Adrian Passey, from Lowe, trounced all-comers, though, with a time of 13 mins, 22 secs. Mind you, he did used to run for Team GB.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- PPC Specialist Homeaway Uk Ltd Attractive package, Victoria Station
- Senior Account Executives become £23-24K, Merseyside
- Digital Marketing Manager - Onsite Conversion Up to 12 month FTC (Maternity cover) Which? c. £45,000 - £55,000, Greater London
- Head of Corporate Communications London Borough of Hounslow £55572 - 67544 per year + Final Salary Pension, Hounslow Central
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers
- YouTube reveals user habits to appeal to 'older' marketers
- Pitch update: eBay's media contest, DFS and 2 Sisters Food Group
- McCann wins Qatar Financial Centre brief
- Three's pony and cats with thumbs top the cute Easter ad chart
- Metro launches content agency