Diary: On the QT..
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 18 September 2009 12:00AM
It's no secret that David Jones, the chief executive of the Euro RSCG network, has a bit of an ego - but the sheer monstrous size of it was displayed last week when he realised that he was unable to get to London on the day David Cameron was coming into the agency to speak. Instead of asking his PA to rearrange his diary, he made her call and see if the party leader could reschedule. Surprisingly, the meeting stayed where it was...
The Desperate Housewives star Marcia Cross lived up to her name this week. The redhead stars in a new ad for Albert Bartlett potatoes, in which she's angry that her agent has signed her up as the face of the brand. Turns out the star wasn't having to act particularly hard because, when Campaign uploaded the ad to campaignlive.co.uk, we were promptly told to take it down as "Marcia" wasn't happy about the ad being disseminated online...
Charles Saatchi ran true to form by shunning the launch of his book, My Name Is Charles Saatchi And I'm An Artoholic, at the Saatchi Gallery. Instead, his wife, Nigella Lawson, pressed the flesh on his behalf. "He's not shy," Mrs S told guests. "He just doesn't like standing around talking about himself."...
Anyone with the savage desire to wager hard-earned money on the winners of the APG Creative Planning Awards 2009 can now feed the beast by checking out www.mcbookie.co.uk, where the website is taking bets. Favourites at the time of going to press were Forevermark Diamonds by JWT Mumbai and RSPCA Australia by The Campaign Palace, both at 5-1...
Diary was impressed by some of the speedy times of adland's sporty types who took part in Nabs' 5k race. Adam & Eve's Ben Priest completed the circuit in 18 mins, 50 secs, while Carat's Steve Hobbs did it in 19 mins, 33 secs. Adrian Passey, from Lowe, trounced all-comers, though, with a time of 13 mins, 22 secs. Mind you, he did used to run for Team GB.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Head of CRM/Customer Experience - 8/9 month Contract ADLIB Competitive + Benefits, Devon
- Digital Executive - Fluent French & Dutch Barclay Meade £200 - £250 per day, Berkshire
- SEO Consultant The Little Black Book Agency £20000 - £25000 per annum, Greater Manchester
- Samsung calls global advertising and media review
- Watch the first YouTube clip, nine years on
- British Airways moves paid search account to Forward3D
- M&C Saatchi's Enyi Nwosu takes global role at Mindshare
- Post Office reviews advertising, DM and digital accounts
- Karmarama grabs Coppafeel! breast cancer charity account