Diary: Water-cooler monitor
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 25 September 2009 12:00AM
What topics has the industry been discussing this week?
The talk time spent
Sir Martin Sorrell's ability to depress. Having 1 hr 15 mins
predicted that the recession would be long and deep,
Sorrell is now doing his bit to make that happen,
quashing the notion that marketers are preparing to
increase their budgets.
The autumn. All the best agencies are flat out 25 mins
pitching and are also promising that "all our best work
is breaking in the last quarter". Let's hope it's going
to be a blistering run-up to Christmas.
Will he, won't he? Tony Ball has got ITV by the, er, 18 mins
testicles. His salary demands are eye-watering, but
ITV's getting desperate. Peter Fincham is said to be the
fall-back choice, which presumably means he's cheaper
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Account Director - Arts Clients PFJ £40000.00 - £45000.00 per annum, London
- AV Account Director (contract) PFJ £35000.00 - £43000.00 per annum, London
- Consumer Insight Manager Jarlett de Grouchy £32000 - £35000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits, London
- Digital Account Manager Dot-Gap £40k, Central London