In association with
Nike 'kick it' by Simons Palmer Denton Clemmow and Johnson
By John Tylee, Campaign Work, Tuesday, 06 October 1992 11:21AM
The first TV commercial for Nike by Simons Palmer Denton Clemmow and Johnson was an instant winner.
A late entrant into the UK football boot market that was dominated by Adidas, Nike wanted to show that it understood football culture – and the commercial underscored its commitment perfectly.
It featured the then Arsenal and England striker Ian Wright, juxtaposing shots of live action from around the world with the reaction of fans and events going on around the stadiums.
The spot was complemented perfectly by the soundtrack performed by A Tribe Called Quest and from which the ad took its name.
This article was first published on Campaign Work
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Freelance Planner - FMCG, Pitches & Government Business Speckled Frog £250-£300 daily rate, possibly negotiable, dependent on experience, Central London
- Brand and Marketing Manager sipsmith Up to £30,000 = Benefits (including gin!), Chiswick. London
- Sales Manager - Content Business Ultimate Asset £30000 - £37000 per annum + incredible commission, London
- Affiliate Executive - Huge Client - Global Media Agency Ultimate Asset £22000 - £26000 per annum, London