Olympus appoints Team Saatchi for Christmas campaign
By Kate Nettleton, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 08 October 2009 06:00AM
LONDON - Olympus has appointed Team Saatchi to handle the advertising for its latest camera, the remastered Olympus PEN, after a pitch against the incumbent, The Red Brick Road, and Bonfire Design.
The agency will produce a TV, outdoor and print campaign, set to break in the run-up to Christmas, aimed at positioning the SLR point and shoot hybrid as the ideal camera for people who enjoy photography.
The appointment of Team Saatchi will come as a blow to The Red Brick Road, which won the Japanese camera brand's UK ad account in October 2007.
Since then, The Red Brick Road has produced a Big Awards-winning long-copy print ad, as well as a TV spot, featuring a toddler throwing an Olympus camera around the garden.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Client Account Manager Content is King c. £25k per annum dependent on experience, SW1
- Shopper Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £45,000 + CA + benefits, South East
- Senior Brand Manager - Drinks Ball & Hoolahan £48,000 + CA + benefits, South East
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 + CA + benefits, London
- Majority of 15m Twitter users in the UK follow a newspaper
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- International Women's Day: 'You make your own luck' says Cheryl Giovannoni
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%