Olympus appoints Team Saatchi for Christmas campaign
By Kate Nettleton, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 08 October 2009 06:00AM
LONDON - Olympus has appointed Team Saatchi to handle the advertising for its latest camera, the remastered Olympus PEN, after a pitch against the incumbent, The Red Brick Road, and Bonfire Design.
The agency will produce a TV, outdoor and print campaign, set to break in the run-up to Christmas, aimed at positioning the SLR point and shoot hybrid as the ideal camera for people who enjoy photography.
The appointment of Team Saatchi will come as a blow to The Red Brick Road, which won the Japanese camera brand's UK ad account in October 2007.
Since then, The Red Brick Road has produced a Big Awards-winning long-copy print ad, as well as a TV spot, featuring a toddler throwing an Olympus camera around the garden.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Online Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £25000 - £35000 per annum + Excellent Commission Potential, London
- Agency Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £23000 - £27000 per annum + Amazing benefits, London
- Agency Account Manager Ultimate Asset £27000 - £30000 per annum + Excellent Commission Potential, London
- Account Managers and Executives Needed Ultimate Asset £23000 - £25000 per annum + Excellent Benefits, London
- Google becomes major UK advertiser after boosting spend by 50% in 2013
- Unilever pilots multi-brand advertising with YouTube beauty channel
- Sorrell says Publicis / Omnicom's 'merger of equals' is 'impossible'
- Gatwick rolls out 'guess the X-ray' competition
- Dove launches first cinema campaign with 'real beauty' sequel
- iProspect appoints chief media officer among four senior hires