The World: Boston - Zappos picks Mullen following contentious review
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 02 October 2009 12:00AM
Zappos, the online footwear and clothing retailer, has awarded its account to the Interpublic-owned Mullen agency in Boston after a controversial review.
More than 100 agencies replied to its initial request for proposals despite its unusual order for creative work up front.
CHI & Partners and DraftFCB in San Francisco were among the finalists.
Ignited, the Californian agency that failed to get beyond the presentation round, complained on its blog that the pitch "exemplified all that is broken in the account review process". It claimed Zappos had viewed only five pages of its 25-page submission.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Digital Account Manager ADLIB £25000 - £35000 per annum, Reading
- Account Manager: Experiential / Brand Activation Agency (NOT SAMPLING!) - Cutting Edge Sports Brand Rocket Recruitment 30,000 - 34,000 + benefits, Central London (Shoreditch)
- Senior Social Media Executive/Analyst - London Agency Digital Gurus negotiable, London
- Digital Content Editor (London) EE £Competitive+benefits, City of London
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%
- Greenpeace protests outside Saatchi & Saatchi London office
- Facebook research finds 42% switch device mid-activity