The World: Boston - Zappos picks Mullen following contentious review
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 02 October 2009 12:00AM
Zappos, the online footwear and clothing retailer, has awarded its account to the Interpublic-owned Mullen agency in Boston after a controversial review.
More than 100 agencies replied to its initial request for proposals despite its unusual order for creative work up front.
CHI & Partners and DraftFCB in San Francisco were among the finalists.
Ignited, the Californian agency that failed to get beyond the presentation round, complained on its blog that the pitch "exemplified all that is broken in the account review process". It claimed Zappos had viewed only five pages of its 25-page submission.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- SENIOR ACCOUNT MANAGER - Integrated Shoreditch Agency - Financial Services - £30-38k Judi Patton £30k-38k, Shoreditch, London
- Head of Inbound (SEO and Content) dmpeople Between £60,000 and £80,000 plus bonus and benefits, London
- Regional Shopper & Market Insights Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, Asia
- International Trade Planning Manager Ball & Hoolahan £42,000 per annum, London
- Campaign Viral Chart: Amazon's drones topple van Damme
- Shazam reveals most tagged ads of 2013
- Ogilvy poaches McDonald's creative director for Unilever role
- VCCP, MediaCom, Lida and SapientNitro among Campaign's Agencies of 2013
- More evidence of strong TV spend in second half of 2013
- New year's resolution: learn to code in 2014