campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 02 October 2009 12:00AM
Briefs have gone out to Fallon, The Engine Group, Anomaly, Naked and 180 Amsterdam for the Sony Europe ad pitch.
The unusual pitchlist makes some sense now as Sony is essentially asking them for some McKinsey-style advice on how to adapt the company for the digital age. Whoever wins, it looks like Sony will get lots of free consultancy on how to future-proof its business.
The pitchlist for the £60 million global Skype pitch has been cut to two teams of agencies from four. Euro RSCG with Conran Design and DraftFCB with FutureBrand have stood down, leaving TBWA\Media Arts and Wolff Olins to battle it out with Rapp and Interbrand.
The last remaining advertising pitch for a price comparison website (for now, anyway) is nearing completion, with Beattie McGuinness Bungay and Iris still in the running for the Confused.com ad account after McCann Erickson was knocked out. The odds are stacked in favour of BMB, but watch this space.
And TV Shopping Direct has made progress on its search for an agency to handle the £3.5 million ad account for its Dormeo mattress brand. Kindred, Inferno, London Advertising and Chick Smith Trott have been shortlisted to pitch.
The Unilever mega media review trundles on. Agencies pitching for the global business are at the RFP stage, with rainforest-threatening paper mountains of submissions due on Friday.
And DM agencies on the Post Office longlist are getting a bit worried about the fact that the brief contains an unlimited liability clause - giving them no ceiling on what they might have to pay out should they cause any damage to the company. At least one agency has pulled out while others are believed to be consulting the IPA and their lawyers.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Communications Manager - Contract - Leeds Ninesharp £140 - £150 per day, Leeds
- Sales Development Manager Adam Recruitment £33000 per annum, Cheshire
- Social Media Strategist Norton Leigh + Benefits, Central London
- Digital Performance Director Norton Leigh + Benefits, Central London
- Group M wins Vodafone's £600m media account
- Google becomes major UK advertiser after boosting spend by 50% in 2013
- Campaign Viral Chart: Evian's Spider-Man tops chart in week of movie premiere
- Tait replaces Papworth as W&K's ECD
- M&S moves £60m media account to Mindshare
- MEC boss Courtier hails £600m Vodafone media win as 'life changing'