M&C creates brand licensing division
By Noel Bussey, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 15 October 2009 06:30AM
M&C Saatchi is launching a business that will be dedicated to exploiting financial and marketing opportunities in brand licensing.
M&C Saatchi Brand Licensing will launch next week and sit alongside the agency's other businesses, which include M&C Saatchi Sports Entertainment, Lida and Play.
It will be run by Matthew Conrad, formerly the brand licensing director at the construction equipment manufacturer JCB, who takes the role of chief executive.
The business has been set up to handle brand licensing deals and to create marketing opportunities after the deals have been done. Traditionally, licensing companies focus on the deal itself without offering additional marketing services.
Tim Duffy, the chief executive of M&C Saatchi, said: "Brand licensing has always been run by licensing agents who purely focus on the deal. By allying the brand licensing skills of Matthew and the communications talent from the agency groups, we see it as a huge untapped market and a great opportunity to use it as a marketing tool."
Conrad began his career as a solicitor with Clifford Chance, specialising in intellectual property, before moving to Rouse & Co, where he was responsible for protecting brands including Coca-Cola, Caterpillar, BP and Nintendo.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Digital Content Specialist Harvey Nash £30000 - £35000 per annum + Package, Lichfield
- Brand Guardian/Artwork Manager Network Career Consultants £26000 - £28000 per annum, London
- Marketing Executive - 6 month contract Brand Recruitment £25000 per annum + plus benefits , Colchester
- Digital Project Manager PFJ £40000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers
- YouTube reveals user habits to appeal to 'older' marketers
- Pitch update: eBay's media contest, DFS and 2 Sisters Food Group
- McCann wins Qatar Financial Centre brief
- Three's pony and cats with thumbs top the cute Easter ad chart
- Metro launches content agency