Organic industry appoints Haygarth for integrated task
By Matt Williams, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 22 October 2009 07:00AM
LONDON - The organic industry is preparing to launch its first marketing campaign in an effort to help drive sales and raise awareness of the benefits of organic products.
The campaign, called Organic UK, will be backed by a £1.5 million media spend.
It is being supported by the Organic Trade Board and the farming alliance group Sustain as well as key organic brands including Green & Blacks, Rachel’s Organic, Yeo Valley and Alara.
Haygarth, the integrated advertising agency, has been appointed to handle the project, which will initially incorporate digital, press and PR activity.
John Ayling & Associates will handle media planning and buying.
The new campaign will run for a three-year period, and will look to drive a 15 per cent increase in organic volume sales during that time.
The work will also endeavour to give consumers clearer information about the benefits of organic food and farming methods, as well as highlighting the ways in which people can identify organic products.
Recent figures released by the market research company TNS show that the organic sector has declined by around 13 per cent this year, as consumers try to cut their costs and farmers stop producing organic products due to financial constraints.
Sophie Daranyi, the chief executive of Haygarth, said: "There is still some confusion surrounding organic brands, so hopefully this campaign can help to build understanding and change consumers’ behaviour."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Senior Account Executive - Creative Agency EC1 £25-30k Twist Recruitment £25000.00 - £30000.00 per annum + Great Benefits, West End
- Senior Campaign Manager Direct Recruitment £50,000, West London
- Senior Account Executive Pitch Consultants £21000 - £24000 per annum, Manchester
- Senior Brand Manager - Innovation and Communications Online Resourcing £competitive; excellent benefits, Gatwick, West Sussex