Right Guard owner appoints Miles Calcraft Briginshaw Duffy to £4m UK ad account
By Matt Williams, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 22 October 2009 06:00AM
LONDON - Henkel, the multinational FMCG company, has appointed Miles Calcraft Briginshaw Duffy to handle its £4 million UK advertising account.
The agency picked up the business without a pitch, and will now be responsible for creating advertising campaigns for Henkel's Right Guard deodorants and for its haircare range Schwarzkopf.
In the past, Henkel has used agencies on its global roster to create campaigns for the UK market, including DDB Dusseldorf and BBDO Worldwide.
MCBD's work for Right Guard is expected to build on a strong creative history for the brand in the UK, which included spots using the line "hands up if you use Right Guard" and a 1997 ad from Saatchi & Saatchi that featured the sports presenter Des Lynam auditioning for a fictional commercial.
Henkel acquired the Right Guard brand from Gillette in May 2006 for $275 million and the brand underwent a major relaunch in June 2007.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Communications Manager - Contract - Leeds Ninesharp £140 - £150 per day, Leeds
- Sales Development Manager Adam Recruitment £33000 per annum, Cheshire
- Social Media Strategist Norton Leigh + Benefits, Central London
- Digital Performance Director Norton Leigh + Benefits, Central London
- Group M wins Vodafone's £600m media account
- Google becomes major UK advertiser after boosting spend by 50% in 2013
- Campaign Viral Chart: Evian's Spider-Man tops chart in week of movie premiere
- Tait replaces Papworth as W&K's ECD
- M&S moves £60m media account to Mindshare
- MEC boss Courtier hails £600m Vodafone media win as 'life changing'