Kosovo rebrands with TV ad campaign
By Claire Billings, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 27 October 2009 01:30PM
LONDON - The Kosovan Government has created a new TV ad campaign to change perceptions of the the formerly war-torn country.
The 60-second TV campaign, by BBR Saatchi & Saatchi Tel Aviv, aims to replace negative perceptions of Kosovo with an image of youth and vigour.
The ad, which is running on international TV channels including CNN and the BBC, draws inspiration from Kosovo’s claim that it has the youngest population in Europe.
It shows young people coming from different parts of the country bringing bright yellow jigsaw pieces to a central point providing a visual metaphor for how young people are rebuilding Kosovo.
The pieces are then assembled to form the shape of Kosovo within a map of Europe. Its bright yellow colour makes it stand out from the others.
The ad closes with the line: "Kosovo – The Young Europeans" and is backed by print and outdoor executions."
Kosovo only formally declared its independence in February last year, after being run by the UN since 1999, when hostilities in the country ended.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Account Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 per annum, London
- Account Director Brand Recruitment £40000 - £50000 per annum + + car allowance , Romford
- Designer [Shopper Marketing] - FMCG Client - London agency - £28k Fill Recruitment Ltd Up to £28k, Central London
- Marketing Asssitant RoDO Ltd Competitive, Greater Manchester
- Group M wins Vodafone's £600m media account
- Google becomes major UK advertiser after boosting spend by 50% in 2013
- Campaign Viral Chart: Evian's Spider-Man tops chart in week of movie premiere
- Tait replaces Papworth as W&K's ECD
- M&S moves £60m media account to Mindshare
- MEC boss Courtier hails £600m Vodafone media win as 'life changing'