Kosovo rebrands with TV ad campaign
By Claire Billings, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 27 October 2009 01:30PM
LONDON - The Kosovan Government has created a new TV ad campaign to change perceptions of the the formerly war-torn country.
The 60-second TV campaign, by BBR Saatchi & Saatchi Tel Aviv, aims to replace negative perceptions of Kosovo with an image of youth and vigour.
The ad, which is running on international TV channels including CNN and the BBC, draws inspiration from Kosovo’s claim that it has the youngest population in Europe.
It shows young people coming from different parts of the country bringing bright yellow jigsaw pieces to a central point providing a visual metaphor for how young people are rebuilding Kosovo.
The pieces are then assembled to form the shape of Kosovo within a map of Europe. Its bright yellow colour makes it stand out from the others.
The ad closes with the line: "Kosovo – The Young Europeans" and is backed by print and outdoor executions."
Kosovo only formally declared its independence in February last year, after being run by the UN since 1999, when hostilities in the country ended.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Mid Weight Graphic Designer - Consumer agency JEFFERSON £28-35k plus benefits, SE Surrey
- Category Insight Manager - 12 mths contract Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment c.£50K-£56K + Benefits + Generous Bonus, Herts/North of London
- Senior Digital Delivery Manager Harvey Nash £55000 per annum + package, Nottingham
- Assistant Buyer - Global Tech Brand Aquent Up to £49,000 Dependent on Skills and experience, London
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers
- YouTube reveals user habits to appeal to 'older' marketers
- Pitch update: eBay's media contest, DFS and 2 Sisters Food Group
- Three's pony and cats with thumbs top the cute Easter ad chart
- McCann wins Qatar Financial Centre brief
- Metro launches content agency