Kosovo rebrands with TV ad campaign
By Claire Billings, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 27 October 2009 01:30PM
LONDON - The Kosovan Government has created a new TV ad campaign to change perceptions of the the formerly war-torn country.
The 60-second TV campaign, by BBR Saatchi & Saatchi Tel Aviv, aims to replace negative perceptions of Kosovo with an image of youth and vigour.
The ad, which is running on international TV channels including CNN and the BBC, draws inspiration from Kosovo’s claim that it has the youngest population in Europe.
It shows young people coming from different parts of the country bringing bright yellow jigsaw pieces to a central point providing a visual metaphor for how young people are rebuilding Kosovo.
The pieces are then assembled to form the shape of Kosovo within a map of Europe. Its bright yellow colour makes it stand out from the others.
The ad closes with the line: "Kosovo – The Young Europeans" and is backed by print and outdoor executions."
Kosovo only formally declared its independence in February last year, after being run by the UN since 1999, when hostilities in the country ended.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Account Executive/Junior Account Executive fishtank £17000 - £22000 per annum, Surrey
- PR Account Director, B2B, German Speaking, London Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £45000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Business Development Director Tomorrow Recruitment £60k - £65k, East London
- Senior Account Manager Twist Recruitment £38000 - £48000 per annum + Superb Central London Benefits, City of London