Publicis team lands EUR70m wind brief
By Claire Billings, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 29 October 2009 06:00AM
LONDON - Vestas Wind Systems, the wind turbine manufacturer, has appointed a Publicis Groupe team of agencies to handle its EUR70 million global integrated account.
Led by Saatchi & Saatchi Sustainabilty, the agencies won a final shoot-out against Naked Communications in a process managed by the Danish intermediary Hestbaek Consult. Y&R Brands and Euro RSCG New York were eliminated in an earlier round.
Saatchis has been briefed to create advertising to help change the mindset of the big energy suppliers and move sustainable energy options up their agenda.
Publicis Dialog and Publicis Modem, which supported Saatchis in the pitch, will develop global activity targeting consumers that is aimed at changing attitudes towards sustainable energy systems and encouraging take-up of wind energy.
Activity will be split between Europe, Asia and the US, with a special focus on the US, where the government has pumped more than $1 billion into supporting wind energy projects this year.
The business will be run out of London and San Francisco with support from teams in Asia.
Demand for wind energy supply is expected to increase in the coming years, with Vestas forecasting aggressive growth targets and revenue of EUR15 billion no later than 2015.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Mid Weight Designer 4 Multichannel-Experiential Agency Zebra People £30000 - £40000 per annum, City of London
- Communications Manager - Insurance Network Career Consultants £45000 - £52000 per annum, City of London
- Marketing Manager - Maternity Contract ADLIB £30000 - £35000 per annum, Wiltshire
- Project Manager Major Players £26000 - £28000 per annum, City of London