Monarch Travel calls review of £5m UK media account
By Anne Cassidy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 05 November 2009 06:00AM
LONDON - Monarch Travel Group is reviewing its £5 million UK media planning and buying account.
The business includes media arrangements for Monarch Airlines, Monarch Holidays, the tour operator Cosmos, Avro, a European charter flight-only carrier, and Archers Direct, the holiday booking company, all owned by the Globus Group.
The account has been handled by Carat for the past three years. The agency won the business after a final shoot-out against PHD.
Last month, Monarch's annual Lapland marketing campaign for Christmas was switched from traditional printed brochures and above-the-line ads to digital activity.
The activity aims to target children as well as adults. As part of the push, a microsite was created by Milton Bayer featuring a series of Santa Claus-related online games and competitions.
Monarch Airlines is a discount airline based in Luton, that operates flights to Europe, the US, the Caribbean, India and Africa, serving mainly leisure destinations. It also operates flights to many Mediterranean airports.
Monarch recently changed its logo, changing the "m" of Monarch to lower case and incorporating the website address, monarch.co.uk.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Integrated Producer - Advertising agency Daniel Marks London £50-60K + Benefits., London
- Digital Project Manager - Exciting eCommerce Solutions ADLIB £28000 - £40000 per annum, Bath
- Senior Planner Direct Recruitment £60,000 - £65,000, Central London
- Research Manager - Sky Community Panel Sky Benefits, West London