Monarch Travel calls review of £5m UK media account
By Anne Cassidy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 05 November 2009 06:00AM
LONDON - Monarch Travel Group is reviewing its £5 million UK media planning and buying account.
The business includes media arrangements for Monarch Airlines, Monarch Holidays, the tour operator Cosmos, Avro, a European charter flight-only carrier, and Archers Direct, the holiday booking company, all owned by the Globus Group.
The account has been handled by Carat for the past three years. The agency won the business after a final shoot-out against PHD.
Last month, Monarch's annual Lapland marketing campaign for Christmas was switched from traditional printed brochures and above-the-line ads to digital activity.
The activity aims to target children as well as adults. As part of the push, a microsite was created by Milton Bayer featuring a series of Santa Claus-related online games and competitions.
Monarch Airlines is a discount airline based in Luton, that operates flights to Europe, the US, the Caribbean, India and Africa, serving mainly leisure destinations. It also operates flights to many Mediterranean airports.
Monarch recently changed its logo, changing the "m" of Monarch to lower case and incorporating the website address, monarch.co.uk.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Account handler ready for an immediate start? Freelance, Contract or Temp to Perm? Barker Graves Up to £250/day, central london
- Are you a Freelance AM, SAM or AD in a UK creative agency? We need you! Day rates £150 - £250 a day! Barker Graves Up to £250/day, Central London
- Freelance Account Manager? We need you now! Exciting accounts and excellent rates up to £170 a day. Barker Graves Up to £170/day, central London
- FABULOUS FREELANCERS? Look no further! Barker Graves Up to £250/day, central london
- Google becomes major UK advertiser after boosting spend by 50% in 2013
- Unilever pilots multi-brand advertising with YouTube beauty channel
- Sorrell says Publicis / Omnicom's 'merger of equals' is 'impossible'
- Gatwick rolls out 'guess the X-ray' competition
- iProspect appoints chief media officer among four senior hires
- Dove launches first cinema campaign with 'real beauty' sequel