Monarch Travel calls review of £5m UK media account
By Anne Cassidy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 05 November 2009 06:00AM
LONDON - Monarch Travel Group is reviewing its £5 million UK media planning and buying account.
The business includes media arrangements for Monarch Airlines, Monarch Holidays, the tour operator Cosmos, Avro, a European charter flight-only carrier, and Archers Direct, the holiday booking company, all owned by the Globus Group.
The account has been handled by Carat for the past three years. The agency won the business after a final shoot-out against PHD.
Last month, Monarch's annual Lapland marketing campaign for Christmas was switched from traditional printed brochures and above-the-line ads to digital activity.
The activity aims to target children as well as adults. As part of the push, a microsite was created by Milton Bayer featuring a series of Santa Claus-related online games and competitions.
Monarch Airlines is a discount airline based in Luton, that operates flights to Europe, the US, the Caribbean, India and Africa, serving mainly leisure destinations. It also operates flights to many Mediterranean airports.
Monarch recently changed its logo, changing the "m" of Monarch to lower case and incorporating the website address, monarch.co.uk.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Head of Marketing Ninesharp £50000 - £60000 per annum + Benefits, City of London
- Head of Datacentre Engineering JM Digital £110000 - £120000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits, City of London
- Digital Marketing Technology Specialist Ninesharp £300 - £400 per day, Manchester
- Digital Account Executive - Creative Consumer Agency Hanson Search up to £26,000, London
- Majority of 15m Twitter users in the UK follow a newspaper
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%
- International Women's Day: 'You make your own luck' says Cheryl Giovannoni