The Week: Media News - BBC plans global iPlayer
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 30 October 2009 12:00AM
The BBC is looking to launch an international paid-for version of the iPlayer.
The move would enable the broadcaster to raise prices for its premium content, as well as form stronger relationships with consumers in the US, where 20 million of bbc.co.uk's 50 million registered users are based. The global player would host material from the BBC's back catalogue, as well as catch-up material from overseas channels.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Account Director - Arts Clients PFJ £40000.00 - £45000.00 per annum, London
- AV Account Director (contract) PFJ £35000.00 - £43000.00 per annum, London
- Consumer Insight Manager Jarlett de Grouchy £32000 - £35000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits, London
- Digital Account Manager Dot-Gap £40k, Central London