The Week: Samsung to consolidate £12m UK advertising account
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 30 October 2009 12:00AM
Samsung Electronics is looking to consolidate its £12 million UK advertising account into a single retained agency.
The electronics giant uses CHI & Partners, Beattie McGuinness Bungay and Grey to produce its UK advertising. Mikah Martin-Cruz, Samsung's UK marketing director, is spearheading the consolidation process, despite extending the roster to include Grey earlier this year.
Samsung currently splits its £23 million UK media spend, with around half on campaigns created by global agencies and half on work by its UK shops.
The consolidation will not affect the company's global arrangements, with Leo Burnett Chicago and Cheil, which is part-owned by Samsung, remaining its agencies of record.
BMB and CHI have also produced global work for the handset manufacturer.
The move to consolidate follows Cheil's acquisition of a 49 per cent stake in BMB last year.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Freelance Account Managers / Senior Account Managers, £NEG Fill Recruitment Ltd Negotiable, London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £58,000 per annum, London
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £70,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Group Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 plus car/ car allowance, London