And in the real world... Kraft, Axa Group, Vodafone and more...
By Matt Williams, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 09 November 2009 10:45AM
LONDON - Today's round-up of the biggest business stories
Kraft has until 5pm today to launch a formal offer for Cadbury under UK takeover laws. If the global food giant is not forthcoming with an offer, then it will be forced to walk away for six months.
Axa Group, the insurance giant, is preparing to launch a £1.8 billion rights issue in an effort to fund potential acquisitions in the financial sector. The news comes just two weeks after Axa announced that its third-quarter revenues were down 2 per cent to £68 billion.
Source: Daily Telegraph
Vodafone is set to embark on another cost cutting exercise in an effort to combat its falling revenues. The new cost cutting initiatives come ahead of the company's interim results, which will be announced tomorrow.
Source: Financial Times
Sir Richard Branson is expected to make a third attempt to take control of the National Lottery by putting in a bid to acquire its current operator Camelot. The move comes after four of Camelot's five shareholders put their 20 per cent stakes in the company up for sale.
Lloyds Banking Group is launching a series of new initiatives that will look to support small and medium enterprises. The company plans to use the scheme to help 300,000 new SMEs start up by 2012.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Mid Weight Graphic Designer - Consumer agency JEFFERSON £28-35k plus benefits, SE Surrey
- Category Insight Manager - 12 mths contract Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment c.£50K-£56K + Benefits + Generous Bonus, Herts/North of London
- Senior Digital Delivery Manager Harvey Nash £55000 per annum + package, Nottingham
- Assistant Buyer - Global Tech Brand Aquent Up to £49,000 Dependent on Skills and experience, London
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers
- YouTube reveals user habits to appeal to 'older' marketers
- Pitch update: eBay's media contest, DFS and 2 Sisters Food Group
- Three's pony and cats with thumbs top the cute Easter ad chart
- McCann wins Qatar Financial Centre brief
- Metro launches content agency