Observer closes Music and Sport Monthly titles as part of major restructure
By Matt Williams, campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 11 November 2009 08:30AM
LONDON - The Observer is to close three of its monthly magazines as part of a major revamp of the Sunday title.
Observer Music Monthly, Observer Sport Monthly and Observer Woman will all close, although the Observer Food Monthly supplement will remain.
The redesign will also see the newspaper be restructured as a four-section paper, consisting of news, sport, a review section and the Observer magazine.
Business and financial coverage will be incorporated into the main news section, with travel coverage being moved into the new look Observer magazine.
The restructure comes as the newspaper's parent company, Guardian News & Media, has reopened its voluntary redundancy scheme.
The company has already lost around 60 employees to the initiative, and shed around £10 million from its editorial budget this year.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £44,000 per annum + bens, West London
- Project Manager Gemini Search £40000 - £45000 per annum, City of London
- Digital Brand Director EMR £100000 - £120000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Creative Developer / PM Digital Gurus £20000 - £27000 per annum, London