IPA Awards: Bronze Award - Best Media: London Business School
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 13 November 2009 12:00AM
Sponsored by DDS
Title: Pre-Masters campaign
Client: London Business School
Entrant: Serious Ideas
Author: Scott Williams, Serious Ideas Contributing authors Chris Norton,
Mark Jackson, Serious Ideas
Media used: Internet, word of mouth, viral, search
In a nutshell
This campaign used innovative social marketing techniques to recruit students to a new business Masters programme at the London Business School, and produced £2.19 million in revenue.
Summary: Innovative social marketing techniques were used to successfully recruit students to a new business Masters programme at the London Business School. The challenge was to reach a demographic that the business school had not catered for before, as well as maintain the prestige of the brand. The strategy was to spread the word and position the programme through seeded online debate, which, in turn, grew awareness virtually through social networking and interest groups. Various media were used to back up the debate, including blogs, online PR posts and targeted e-mail marketing, among others. As a result, Serious Ideas was 125 per cent over its conversion target to deliver 100 students to the programme for September 2009 and produced a revenue stream of £2.19 million.
Judge's comment: The judges were impressed by the dual targeting of this clever digital strategy. They managed to reach parents and students with a small budget.
- Sharon Sawers, head of marketing, strategy and insight, The Home Office.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- eCommerce Manager JV Recruitment £30000 - £35000 per annum, Benefits: Great Benefits & Pension, Manchester
- Graphic Designer Creative Recruitment negotiable, Middlesex
- Insight Analyst - Financial Client-side Elizabeth Norman International £22000 - £27000 Per Annum, London
- Head of Marketing - London Designer Outlet Realm in the region of £60k, London