Reckitt Benckiser consolidates £800m global media into Havas and Publicis
By Anne Cassidy, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 24 November 2009 12:45PM
LONDON - Reckitt Benckiser, owner of brands Vanish, Veet, Clearasil and Dettol, has consolidated its £800 million global media planning and buying arrangements into Havas Media and Publicis Groupe.
Havas and Publicis, which are both already on Reckitt Benckiser's roster of agencies, won the business after a pitch against networks including other global incumbents Omnicom and WPP.
Agencies eliminated from the process which had previously been on the Reckitt roster include OMD, which handled the £90 million UK business.
Publicis agency ZenithOptimedia has has won the UK and US accounts, in addition to markets including Germany and the rest of Northern Europe, plus Asia while MPG will handle the business outside these markets.
Rakesh Kapoor executive vice president category development said: "We have chosen two global media partners that will bring us new consumer insights, better capabilities in technology and systems and superior skills in ensuring that we build better consumer engagement strategies and executions."
Last year, Reckitt Benckiser increased its media spend by 26 per cent to £800 million and grew its revenues by 25 per cent to £6.6 billion.
In April it reported a 35 per cent rise in profits for the first quarter of the year, defying market expectations.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Community Manager Major Players £22000 - £26000 per annum + bonus, London
- Senior Account Manager Twist Recruitment £35000.00 - £45000.00 per annum, City of London
- Promotions / Online Merchandising Executive Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £18000 - £20000 per annum, Shepherds Bush
- Social Media Executive - Healthcare and Cosmetics (clientside) Digital Gurus £18000 - £20000 per annum + Benefits , London
- Kevin Bacon, Google Glass and Julian Assange: the SXSW weekend in tweets
- International Women's Day: "my gender is irrelevant" says Lisa Thomas
- Omnicom Media Group buys Mobile5
- BBH launches sport division with Lawrence Dallaglio
- IPA's 2014 Women of Tomorrow competition winners revealed
- HSBC launches Hong Kong Rugby Sevens push