Cyprus Tourism reviews £10m ad and media accounts
By Anne Cassidy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 26 November 2009 12:06AM
The Cyprus Tourism Organisation has called a review of its estimated £10 million advertising and media accounts across Europe.
Team Saatchi currently handles advertising for the organisation, while its media planning and buying is managed by the Cyprus-based agency Epistle.
The territories included in the review include the UK, where the tourist board spends £3 million, Germany, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland and Greece, plus the United Arab Emirates, Bahrain and the Lebanon.
Before appointing Epistle, OMD was the organisation's agency in the UK. The account went up for pitch in August last year, and OMD declined to repitch. Carat has also since handled media buying on a one-off TV project.
A recent TV campaign by Team Saatchi, which has worked on the account for the past three years, featured a sequence of holiday vignettes in which a woman walks along the shore, some people cycle through woods and a family gather to have an alfresco dinner. At the end of each vignette, a heart appears.
The Cyprus Tourism Organisation is the official tourist organisation in the South of Cyprus and has the status of a semi-governmental organisation.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Designer [Shopper Marketing] - FMCG Client - London agency - £28k Fill Recruitment Ltd Up to £28k, Central London
- Marketing Asssitant RoDO Ltd Competitive, Greater Manchester
- Digital Project Manager PFJ £25000.00 - £35000.00 per annum + benefits + bonus, London
- Strategic Planning Director - Multinational Advertising Agency - Dubai HR Source Very attractive TAX FREE salary, Dubai
- Group M wins Vodafone's £600m media account
- Google becomes major UK advertiser after boosting spend by 50% in 2013
- Campaign Viral Chart: Evian's Spider-Man tops chart in week of movie premiere
- Tait replaces Papworth as W&K's ECD
- M&S moves £60m media account to Mindshare
- MEC boss Courtier hails £600m Vodafone media win as 'life changing'