Diary: On the QT ..
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 20 November 2009 12:00AM
The world of ad pitches went into meltdown last week after Kerry Glazer, the AAR's queen of new business, lost her phone while on a girlie weekend away.
The phone, which was crushed under the wheels of a car after skidding across the floor and out of the door of a transfer bus at the airport, has thankfully now been replaced ...
Spotted: the new TBWA\London group chief, Robert Harwood-Matthews, lunching at The Ivy on Friday with a mystery companion. Thankfully, the man he replaced at TBWA, Tim Lindsay, was not at his usual table ...
Media buyers seemed sad that Viacom Brand Solutions will close following Sky Media's capture of the MTV ad sales contract. A big factor appears to have been memories of the VBS managing director Nick Bampton's annual golfing jolly to Sandy Lane in Barbados. Nick Milligan, Sky Media's boss, is not expected to extend the same largesse ...
Is the Press Complaints Commission becoming the Advertising Association in exile? Earlier this year, Baroness Peta Buscombe quit as the AA's chief executive to run the PCC. Now Jonathan Collett, the AA's head of communications, has quit too for a similar job. No prizes for guessing where ...
David Bell's novel, which is set in the world of advertising, might prove an uncomfortable read for some. Assuming, of course, that the CheethamBell JWT chief executive can find a publisher for it. Bell thinks you might recognise the inspiration for a some of his main characters. We're also happy to report that Campaign merits a few mentions ...
Sir Martin Sorrell is used to being in the thick of things. So it was a surprise to learn that the WPP chief executive will no longer be a member of the main board handling England's 2018 World Cup bid. Word is that the board is too unwieldy so its chairman, Lord Triesman, has ditched it in favour of an "inner cabinet" and moved Sorrell to membership of an advisory group.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Client Director - Digital Agency - London £50-65k Adam Recruitment £40000 - £50000 per annum, Camden, London (Greater)
- Neolane Campaign Manager PFJ £300 - £400 per day, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Digital Marketing Operations Jarlett de Grouchy £45000 - £55000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Manager - consumer products ADLIB £38000 - £43000 per annum, Cornwall