Johnston Press websites to introduce paywalls
By Staff, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 30 November 2009 08:50AM
LONDON - Johnston Press will today start an experiment to introduce a paywall on six of its local newspaper websites.
The sites will either ask users to pay £5 for a three-month subscription to read the full articles, or direct them to buy the newspapers.
The newspapers taking part are the Worksop Guardian, the Ripley & Heanor News, the Whitby Gazette and Northumberland Gazette, the Carrick Gazette and Southern Reporter.
Earlier this month, Rupert Murdoch said he would try to block his sites from showing up on Google search results.
National newspapers owned by Murdoch, including The Sun and The Times will introduce a paywall next year.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Integrated Account Manager Dynamic New Alliances £25000.00 - £30000.00 per annum, London
- Brand Analyst, Social Media Hasson Associates £30,000 - £35,000, Central London
- Senior Insight Manager Jarlett de Grouchy £30000.00 - £40000.00 per annum + car allowance+ bonus, Berkshire
- Associate Director, Consumer Research Jarlett de Grouchy £38000.00 - £45000.00 per annum, Oxfordshire